About Peachtree Lofts:
Peachtree Lofts is located on Peachtree between 7th and 8th Street. It started life as a post-WWII office building in the Bauhaus style. It was designed by architect Cecil Alexander, who also designed Coca-Cola's corporate headquarters. Completed in 1952, the building housed the Department of Agriculture, a treasury office, the early CDC offices (then known as Infectious Diseases), and the Civil Servant Examiners office. The building was transformed in the late 1990s into residential lofts. It is 8 stories tall and has 210 residential units (with 35 units per floor on floors 3-8). Inside, it is industrial chic, with exposed pipes and concrete floors. Because these lofts have been occupied and resold for a number of years, you will find much more variation in individual units than in more recently constructed buildings. Some units still have the finishes from the original loft conversion while many have been customized over the years with high end finishes. There has been customization in the configuration of the floorplans as well -- with walls being added or removed as each occupant saw fit. Because of the flexible space layout, these lofts can generally be customized to suit your needs -- whether you need office space or a guest bedroom or a large entertaining space.
The Peachtree Lofts building offers a range of amenities including: secure garage parking; a swimming pool and fitness center; a business center with conference room; and a dog walk area. It is a secure building with a dramatic lobby. Outside, you find yourself on Atlanta's premier street with shopping, restaurants, and arts venues just outside your door. [Visit the MidtownMile.com web site.] This building is just blocks from Piedmont Park and the Fox Theatre and just 1 block from the Midtown MARTA rail station!
[More on Midtown.]
All information is believed to be accurate but is not warranted. Information about this property is supplied by the agent and is not verified by showing247.com. Consumers should independently verify all information.
- Cool Bauhaus design
- Low-rise (8 story) building with 210 residential units
- Secured lobby
- Swimming pool
- Fitness center
- Business center
- Dog walk
- Laundry room
- Street-level retail and restaurants
- Located on Peachtree Street -- Midtown's marquee street
- Convenient to shopping at Technology Square and Atlantic Station
- 1 block to Midtown MARTA rail station
- Close to Piedmont Park, Woodruff Arts Center, High Museum, and Fox Theatre
- Many nearby restaurants, clubs, bars, and shops
- Easy access to I-75/85, I-20, GA 400 and I-285
- See a Gallery of Interior Photos
- Open loft floorplans with authentic industrial aesthetic
- High concrete ceilings with exposed ductwork and mechanicals
- Oversized, warehouse-style windows
- Concrete floors standard; upgraded hardwood floors in many units
- A wide diversity of interiors with any units having been upgraded or renovated with custom kitchens and baths
- Flexible floorplans allow you to tailor space to suit your needs
- Large closets (including walk-thru closets and large reach-ins big enough to customize with built-in desks)
- Most units include laundry connections (plus laundry room in building)
- One parking space per bedroom
About The Midtown Neighborhood:
Midtown is Atlanta's most cosmopolitan and exciting intown neighborhood. With boutique shopping, fabulous restaurants on every corner, bistros, clubs, and all the city's finest arts venues, including the Fox Theatre, the High Museum, the Woodruff Arts Center, the 14th Street Playhouse, and much more. It's also the home of Piedmont Park -- Atlanta's backyard -- which includes the Atlanta Botanical Garden, Lake Clara Meer, trails and woods, and is host to many of the city's largest festivals. You'll love being able to stroll to the park, soaking in the exciting urban environment of the neighborhood.
Many of Midtown's buildings feature street-level retail and there are a large number of restaurants, cafes, clubs, and bars as well as boutique shopping throughout the neighborhood. Atlantic Station is a new (2006) multi-use development with residential, entertainment and retail components as well as hotel and office space. Businesses at Atlantic Station include (among many others): a 16-screen movie theatre with stadium seats; Dillards; Banana Republic; Old Navy; Gap; Victoria's Secret; DSW; IKEA; Pier One; Bath & Body Works; Claddagh Irish Pub; and a wide variety of restaurants and cafes. There's also a Publix supermarket and Washington Mutual bank as well as a full-service dry cleaner.
Other major shopping districts in the Midtown neighborhood include: Technology Square (Spring and 5th Streets); Midtown Promenade (Monroe Drive at 8th St); and Midtown Place (Ponce de Leon Avenue at Glen Iris Drive). Ponce Park is a proposed multi-use development that will replace the existing City Hall East property (originally the old Sears building) across from Midtown Place. Ponce Park is a $375 million multi-use mall and condo development that will also feature a fabulous new park.
This is a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood with lots of alternative transportation options. You can walk to just about anything you need, and the neighborhood boasts 3 MARTA rail stations (Arts Center, Midtown, and North Avenue), which can whisk you to nearly anyplace else you need to go, including Downtown's central business district, Buckhead's malls, and Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Midtown is also served by Georgia Tech's Trolley and by multiple MARTA bus routes, including the new Tourist Loop route that connects many of the city's major landmarks and attractions. Of course, if you choose to drive, you have virtually instant access to I-75/85 and GA 400 with I-20 and I-285 only minutes away.
Midtown is also a very pet friendly neighborhood. From numerous pet supply stores, doggie daycares, and pet taxi services to pet-friendly events like the weekly doggie happy hour at Hotel Indigo and purebreed meet and greets at the off-leash dog park at Piedmont Park Midtown is an area where both you and your pet will enjoy a sophisticated urban lifestyle.
- Where is this property? Peachtree Lofts is located at 878 Peachtree Street, NE in the Midtown neighborhood of the City of Atlanta (Fulton county 30309)
See a Google map of the area
See a Google satellite photo
- Local Government: Fulton County - City of Atlanta - NPU-E
- Public Schools: Morningside Elementary School - Inman Middle School - Grady High School
- Other Nearby Schools: The Children's School, The Paideia School, Georgia Institute of Technology, Emory University, Georgia State University
- Neighborhood Associations: Midtown Neighbors Association, Midtown Alliance (business association)
- Neighborhood Amenities: Midtown Restaurants, Technology Square, Atlantic Station, Piedmont Park, Atlanta Botanical Garden, Atlanta Civic Center, Robert Ferst Center for the Arts, 14th Street Playhouse, Fox Theatre, High Museum of Art, Woodruff Arts Center
For more information complete the form below:
Agent does not represent the developer, but individual buyers and sellers.